Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Crock Pot Bean Recipe

Being the fiscally conservative college student that I am, I often find myself on the hunt for cheap foods that are nutritious and easy to make. This recipe may not be the best for someone watching their calories, but for a fast-metabolizing young adult like myself it's great.

Slow Cooked Pinto Beans (Prep: 10 minutes, Cook: 8 hours)
Ingredients:
1 Cup dry pinto beans
1 lb bacon strips
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder (optional)
1 1/2 cup water

Directions:
This recipe works best as a dinner recipe. Begin preparing in the morning. To begin, pour the beans and water into the Crock Pot. Next, cook yourself up some delicious bacon (~4-5 strips) for breakfast. Cook until it is semi-crispy. Set the bacon aside and pour the bacon grease into your crock pot. Set the crock pot to low heat, and eat your bacon. You earned it. Now go ahead and live your life as lazy or productive as you feel like, your Crock Pot has your back.
8 hours later you've got some nice beans. Season with some salt, cumin, and garlic powder. Enjoy!

If you guys like this I'll post my Spanish Rice recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment